There are two general situations when you sell your car, either you want to upgrade to a better one, or you cannot afford it anymore. Whatever it is, there are certain key steps that you should follow to ensure the process is smooth and trouble-free. Don’t make an impulsive decision when you have decided to sell your used cars in Sevierville. Being cautious and proactive is essential not only when buying but also when you are selling your vehicle. Once you keep things ready and follow the step by step procedures you are sure to strike a deal soon.
- The first step would be to keep all documents ready. The main thing that the potential buyer would want to know is your title. Keep ready your pink slip so that the buyer can be sure that you are the legal owner of the car. Also, if you have any loans to be repaid yet, the loan-related documents are important. Approach the lender and find out the process for the same. Make sure you check with your DMV about the title transfer process. Your buyer would need a vehicle history report, so keep that ready too.
- While fixing the price leave enough room for negotiations. The buyer has the option of visiting a dealer to know the best price for your car model. He would have done the groundwork before approaching you, so set an asking price based on what similar cars sell. If there is too much difference the buyer might reject the deal. For example, if your car is worth $5500, you could set the price as $ 5950 so that negotiations could be a win-win.
- Advertising your car is a very important step. Take a lot of pictures in good lighting and at different locations. Make sure you post the pictures from different angles so that the buyer can get an idea before he meets you in person. There would be so many ads in newspapers or online, so to get attention, your pictures must stand out from the rest. There are so many sites to post the ad for a used car like eBay Motors, Craiglist, etc. Add a few basic details about your car and also any special add-ons that you are providing.
- The first impression is the best, so keep your car spick and span both inside and out. Imagine yourself to be the buyer and think of what you will look for during the first visit. Creating an impact by the looks goes a long way in influencing buyer’s decision.
- Arrange for a test drive at a safe place. Always make sure you look for the buyer’s driving license before handing him over. If you feel you are inexperienced in selling, take a friend or someone from the auto service center you can rely on along with you. Answering the potential buyer’s doubts after the drive and allowing him to get the car checked through his mechanic will create a good impact.
Go ahead with selling after you have ascertained the best price and the buyer’s mode of payment.